Indian Economic Association
Annual Conference and other events
THE INDIAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION's 97th Annual Conference
Themes for the 97th Annual Conference of the IEA 2014 (For details please refer to the IEA Newsletter 2014)
Theme 1 :
CORRUPTION AND THE BLACK ECONOMY
- Analysis of Corruption in India: trends, roots and implications
- The Black Economy: its local, national and global dimensions
- Implications of the Black economy
- Corruption and the Black Economy: Remedies and Policy reforms
Theme 2 :
SUSTAINABLE ROUTES OUT OF POVERTY-- PAST EXPERIENCES AND FUTURE CHALLENGES
- Getting out of Poverty: What kind of growth matters?
- Policy Regimes, Institutions, and Poverty Reduction: India and International Experience
- Do Anti-poverty programmes provide a sustainable route out of poverty
- Sustainable routes of poverty: Role and experiences of the Non-governmental sector
- Analysis of gender, caste and class specific sustainable poverty alleviation methods
Theme 3 :
EMERGING TRENDS IN TRADE AND CAPITAL FLOWS
- Trade agreements and their impact
- Trade-led growth: Past and future
- Financial flows and "Bretton Woods II"
- Monetary policy and financial stability in core and peripheral countries
- External-sector induced major financial and economic crises in recent years
Theme 4 :
CHALLENGES FOR TRANSFORMING THE INFORMAL ECONOMY IN INDIA
- Size and characteristics of informal sector enterprises
- Factors influencing the productivity of informal sector enterprises in India
- The impact of liberalisation and globalisation on the informal sector in India
- Issues relating to the size and scale expansion of informal sector enterprises in India
- India's informal sector vis-a-vis the prevailing international practices and perspective
SPECIAL SESSION ON THE ECONOMY OF RAJASTHAN
The special session of the 97th Annual Conference will deal with the economy of Rajasthan. Papers on the same would be invited by and are to be sent directly to the Convener of this session:
Themes for the special session on Rajasthan Economy
- Growth, poverty and inequality in Rajastha
- Infrastructure and economic development in Rajasthan
- Management of public finances in Rajasthan
- Investment environment in Rajasthan: A critical review
- Health, malnutrition and food security among Tribals in Rajasthan
- Farm and, non-farm sector in Rajasthan – Potential, Performance and Challenges
Prof. Vijay Vir Singh,
Department of Economics,
University of Rajasthan
Jaipur (Rajasthan) - 302004
Mobile: +91- 9414079990
GUIDELINES FOR PAPER WRITERS:
LAST DATE OF SUBMISSION OF PAPERS
Papers must reach latest by 31st August 2014. Papers received after the last date will not be considered for publication in the Conference Volume. Members can however be allowed to present their papers received after the due date only with the permission of the President Association.
SIZE OF PAPER AND NUMBER OF COPIES
The paper should be in about 3000 words typed in Times New Roman font 12 in double space, with an abstract of 500 words. Along with a hard copy, the CD containing the paper must be sent. Articles should be typed in MS-WORD only. Research Papers on other formats will not be considered. Kindly mention your date of birth in your forwarding letter for consideration of awards for your paper.
One hard copy of the papers should be sent to the President Association and One hard copy along with a CD should reach the Secretary Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur, latest by 31st August, 2014, on their addresses given below.Kindly DO NOT send an e-mail of the paper.
PROFESSOR SUKHADEO THORAT
Indian Economic Association
Chairman : Indian Council of Social Sciences Research
Aruna Asaf Ali Marg,
New Delhi - 110067.
Phone No.: 011-26741679 (O)
DR. ANIL KUMAR THAKUR
Secretary and Treasurer, IEA
Secretariat Colony, Road No. 3,
House No. B/6, Kankarbagh,
The list of papers received would be displayed on IEA's website by 5th September, 2014. The senders of papers are requested to see this list to confirm the receipt of their papers by the IEA Office to safeguard against lost/ delays in postal transfers. Those whose names do not figure in the list are requested to send an email of their paper along with a scanned copy of proof of having sent it earlier to Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur at his email address email@example.com, latest by 10th September, 2014 for the same to be considered for onward action.
For Permanent Membership numbers, download here the IEA Membership Profile 2013
Last date for submission of Paper : 31st August, 2014
Notification of Papers received on IEA's website : 5th September, 2014
Last date for receipt of papers lost earlier in postal transfers : 10th September, 2014
Notification of accepted papers on IEA's website : 15th October, 2014
Last date for receipt of undertaking from paper authors : 31st October, 2014
Date of Conference : 27th - 29th December, 2014
Important note for the Paper Writers
- The papers of only those authors will be considered who are members of the Indian Economic Association. Those who are not the members of the IEA, but wish to submit their papers, will have to first become members by filling the requisite form and fees, the details of which are available at the IEA website as well as in this Newsletter.
- The co-authors too need to be the members of the IEA. Co-authors, who are not the members of the IEA, will automatically have their names deleted from the Paper Author(s) unless they too become the members.
- Contributors of research papers are required to mention their E-mail ID, Phone/Mobile Number and address with PIN code along with their names and age in their covering letters. These are essential for coauthors also. This information is mandatory. It will help the editorial board to communicate to the contributors in an efficient manner.
- The Paper Contributors are requested to also mention in their forwarding letters their Permanent Membership Number, as per the IEA Members� Profile, 2013, circulated during the 96th Annual Conference at Meenakshi University, Kanchipuram and also available at IEA's Website.
- The Authors of the Papers, whose full papers are selected by the Referee of the respective Theme, will be required to sign an undertaking that will make it mandatory for them to come and present the Paper during the Annual Conference. This undertaking is to be sent by 31st October, 2014. The failure to sign and abide by the undertaking will amount to their papers not being published in full in the Conference Volume of the IEJ.
UNDERTAKING BY THE AUTHORS
I, Dr./Mr./Mrs.__________________________________________ of _______________________________College/ University abide to be present during the 97th Annual Conference of the IEA at Mohanlal Sukhadia University, Udaipur during 27th - 29th December, 2014 to present my paper titled
"_______________________________________________." that has been accepted for presentation in full by the referee of the said theme.
My failure to abide by the same and absence from the Annual Conference 2014 may make my any future Paper contributions to the IEA liable to be rejected for any further action.
Name of the Member:
Permanent Membership No.:
Address (with Tel. No.) for Correspondence:
To be sent to Secretary and Treasurer, Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur, on acceptance of your paper for full publication and presentation
MEMORIAL and SPECIAL LECTURES
To pay tribute to distinguished Economists for their outstanding contribution to the field of Economics, like every year, this year too the IEA will organize three Memorial Lectures in their honour. This year it has been decided to organize these--one in the memory of Prof. P.R. Brahmananda, other in the memory of Prof. Vera Anstey and the third in the memory of Prof. G.K. Chadha.
In collaboration with the NSE, the IEA will also conduct its Annual Lecture Series on Financial Economics with specific reference to Capital Markets in India in the name of Dr. R.H. Patil Annual Lecture Series.
CURRENT TOPIC DISCUSSION
The 97th Annual Conference will also be host to a few Panel Discussions that will debate and deliberate on contemporary relevant issues of the day.
Other Forthcoming Conferences and Seminars
National level seminars are also organized by the IEA in collaboration with Regional Economic Associations and other Institutions to develop the intellectual frontiers of the members located at far-flung rural and semi-urban places. During year 2014-15, the following programmes have been organized by the IEA:
- International Seminar on "Energy Security, Climate Change and Sustainability: New Challenges and Alternatives"
Date: Proposed to be held in July, 2014
Venue: Presidency College, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Themes and Sub-themes of the Seminar:
- Scientific Evidence on Greenhouse Gases, Ozone Depletion, Global Warming
- Economic and social effects of increases in temperature, rise in sea-levels and standard of living
- Security threats: definitions and examples, Economic security, Energy Independence
- Security threats: depletion of natural resources, fish stock and fossil fuels
- Threats to Long term security (Millennium Development Goals)
- Threats to Short term security (Situations with Petroleum & Natural gas)
- Positions of ASEAN, EAS, NATO, EU-US plans and Energy Security Council
- Re-calibrating the Regional Security Agenda (availability, production and trade)
- Energy Security & Decentralization
- Geo-Political Awareness and securing security across broad (Trans-Asian, south-south system)
Sustainable Environmental Protection and Security
- Regional Responses (Carbon Capture and Sequestration)
- Access to Clean Energy through Sustainability (current practices: Coal-powered systems)
- Mitigation Climate Change through Sustainable Development (UN and ESCAP mandates)
- Sustainable Consumption
- Sustainable Production and Industrial Efficiency
- Renewable Resources and Electricity Generation
- Renewable Resources and Power Plants
- Responses from and Recommendations to the Prime Minister's Council on Climate Change (Clean Energy Technologies, Biofuels, Nuclear Power, other emerging technology, Renewable resources, sustainability and poverty reduction)
For further details of the International Seminar, Kindly contact the Seminar Coordinator: :
Dr. B.P CHANDRAMOHAN (IEA Joint Secretary)
Associate Professor of Economics
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Cell - 09444932128
- National Conference on "Development of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes: Policies, Schemes and Achievements"
Date: Proposed to be held in August, 2014
Venue: Post Graduate Teaching Department of Economics,
Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University,
University Campus, Amravati Road,
Nagpur - 440 033
Themes of the Conference
The conference is structured around following broad themes:
- Socio-Economic Development of SC, ST and OBCs.
- Rural Development Programmes and Development of SC, ST and OBCs.
- Impact of Globalisation and Economic Reforms on SCs, STs and OBCs
- Issues related to Gender and Em powerment of SCs, STs and OBCs
- Policies and Problems related to Educational Development of SCs, STs and OBCs
- Land reforms and distribution and ownership rights for SCs, STs and OBCs
Above themes are tentative and indicative in nature and selection of papers is the prerogative of organizers.
For any further details of the Conference, Kindly contact the Conference Coordinator: :
Dr. S. H. Indurwade
Associate Professor, Department of Economics,
Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University,
Amravati Road, Nagpur - 440 033
Mobile : 9765029301
E-mail : email@example.com