Indian Economic Association
Annual Conference and other events
THE INDIAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION's 96th Annual Conference
Connect to the website of 96th Annual Conference
Themes for the 96th Annual Conference of the IEA 2012 (For details please refer to the IEA Newsletter 2013)
Theme I :
Growth Prospect of Indian Economy during the 12th Plan and after
- Growth prospect during 12th Plan
- Agriculture, industry and service sector focus in the 12th Plan
- The External Sector Challenges
- Fiscal Deficits, debt and investments scenario
- Unemployment, inflation and growth-inflation trade-off
Theme II :
Unorganized non farm Sector in the Indian Economy - Emerging Issues and Policies
- Character of Non farm sector enterprises: Rural and Urban
- Income Generation and Poverty
- Employment and labour productivity
- Restructuring of unorganized sector through mechanization and modernization
- Socio-political Dimensions: Gender ,Caste and Quality aspects of Work force
- Social protection policies for the work force of unorganized sector
Theme III :
Agricultural Growth in Indian Economy - Regional Experiences and Policies
- Regional growth of Agricultural Sector: Potential and Performance
- Regional Agricultural Growth and poverty reduction
- Regional farming systems and Agricultural Value chains
- The problem of agriculture in tribal regions
- Challenges and Opportunities for Regional Agricultural Development
- Rainfed farming : Issues and Challenges
Theme IV :
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar's Economic and Social Thoughts and their Contemporary Relevance
- Theory of Economic Development
- Views on Irrigation and power policies
- Views on Labour and labour policy
- Theoretical contribution on caste and institutions of untouchability and policy implications
- Affirmative Action policy Employment , Education, and Politics
- View on the problems of Women
- View on the linguistic reorganization of the States and its contemporary relevance
- Monetary and Exchange Rate policy
Special Session on Tamil Nadu Economy
The special session of the 96th Annual Conference will deal with the economy of Tamil Nadu. Papers on the same would be invited by and are to be sent directly to the Convener of this session:
Department of Economics,
D.G.Vaishnav College (Autonomous),
GUIDELINES FOR PAPER WRITERS:
LAST DATE OF SUBMISSION OF PAPERS
Papers must reach latest by 31st August 2013. Papers received after the last date will not be considered for publication in the Conference Volume. Members can however be allowed to present their papers received after the due date only with the permission of the President Association.
SIZE OF PAPER AND NUMBER OF COPIES
The paper should be in about 3000 words typed in Times New Roman font 12 in double space, with an abstract of 500 words. Along with a hard copy, the CD containing the paper must be sent. Articles should be typed in MS-WORD only. Research Papers on other formats will not be considered. Kindly mention your date of birth in your forwarding letter for consideration of awards for your paper.
Two hard copies of the papers should be sent to the President Association and One hard copy along with a CD should reach the, Joint Secretary (West) Dr. Mohan Bhai Patel, latest by 31st August, 2013, on their addresses given below.
Members desirous to know the details about the activities of the Indian Economic Association and Indian Economic Journal may visit at the website www.indianeconomicjournal.org.
PROFESSOR SUKHADEO THORAT
Indian Economic Association
Chairman : Indian Council of Social Sciences Research
Aruna Asaf Ali Marg,
New Delhi - 110067.
Phone No.: 011-26741679 (O)
Joint Secretary (West Zone)
Dr. Mohan Patel
N S Patel Arts College
N S Patel Circle,
Bhalej Road, Anand - 388001.
Important note for the Paper Writers
- The papers of only those authors will be considered who are members of the Indian Economic Association. Those who are not the members of the IEA, but wish to submit their papers, will have to first become members by filling the requisite form and fees, the details of which are available at the IEA website.
- The co-authors too need to be the members of the IEA. Co-authors who are not the members of the IEA, will automatically have their names deleted from the Paper Author(s) unless they too become the members.
- Contributors of research papers are required to mention their E-mail ID, Phone/Mobile Number and address with PIN code along with their names in their covering letters. These are essential for coauthors also.This information is mandatory. It will help the editorial board to communicate to the contributors in an efficient manner.
- The Paper Contributors are requested to also mention in their forwarding letters their membership number as per the IEA Membership Profile 2012, circulated during the 95th Conference at GITAM University, Visakhapatnam.
- The Authors of the Papers whose full papers are selected by the Refree of the Respective Theme, will be required to sign an undertaking that will make it mandatory for them to come and present the Paper during the Annual Conference. The failure to sign and abide by the undertaking will amount to the rejection of the selected paper to be printed in full in the Conference Volume of the Indian Economic Journal.
CURRENT TOPIC DISCUSSION
- Panel discussion on Food Security
- Panel discussion on Inclusive Growth
MEMORIAL and SPECIAL LECTURES
Distinguished experts in the field of Economics will be invited to deliver memorial lectures. The IEA has decided that two memorial lectures will be delivered at the time of 96th Annual Conference. One in the memory of Prof. P.R. Brahmananda, and second in the memory of Prof. Vera Anstey will be delivered by eminent scholars.
This year also the National Stock Exchange (NSE) will sponsor the Annual Lecture Series on Financial Economics, in the name of Dr. R.H. Patil Annual Lecture Series.
Other Forthcoming Conferences and Seminars
National level seminars are also organized by the IEA in collaboration with Regional Economic Associations and other Institutions to develop the intellectual frontiers of the members located at far-flung rural and semi-urban places. During year 2013-14, the following programmes have been organized by the IEA:
- International Seminar on Emerging Challenges and Prospects of Indian Economy
Date: 11-12 November, 2013
Venue: Dept. of Economics, Goa University, Panjim, Goa
Seminar Convener :
Dr. B.P. Sarath Chandran
Goa Economic Association
C/O Shree Damodar College of Commerce and Economics
Tansor, Comba, Margao, Goa- 403601.
Mobile : 09423445350
E-mail : email@example.com
- Pre Conference International Seminar on "Dalit in India: Past, Present and Future"
Tentative Date: 30 November - 1 December, 2013
Venue: A.N. Sinha Institute of Social Studies, Patna, Bihar.
Sub themes of the Seminar:
Last Date for Paper Submission and Registration: 15 November, 2013
1. Dalit: Concept, Genesis and Etymology
2. Ownership of assets among Dalits
3. Pattern of Employment and Unemployment among Dalits
4. Poverty and inequality
5. Human Development: Education, Health, Basic Amenities
6. Affirmative Action Policies and Programmes for Dalits and Their Impact
7. Dalits and Contemporary Indian Politics
8. Dalit Movements and Their Impact on Social, Political and Economic Emancipation
9. Changing Dynamics of Caste System
Seminar Convener :
Prof. Tapan Kr. Shandilya
Nalanda Open University
Gandhi Maidan, Patna
Mob. : 09431049871
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Joint Convener :
Dr. K.N. Yadav
P.G. Deptt. of Economics
College of Commerce
Mob. : 09386523343
E-mail : email@example.com
- Two Days International Seminar on Contemporary Issues, Challenges and Opportunities for Inclusive Economic Development
Date: Second week of November
Venue: Rourkela Institute of Management Studies (RIMS), Rourkela.
1. The Indian Viewpoints and Sector- specific Approaches
2. Trade Policies and Production Process for Inclusive Growth with special reference to World Bank Approaches
3. Populist Policies and their Economic Rationality
4. Development of Underprivileged Class and Tribes
Seminar Convener :
Prof. Sudhakar Panda
Former Chairman, State Finance Commission, & Member, State Farmer Commission,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 09438396986